[thelist] unauthorized mirror

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Thu May 24 15:32:42 CDT 2001

>  > Does anyone have any idea what's going on?
>
>Hey Noah,
>
>That's weird.  Their DNS is pointing to your site, so it's not
>actually a mirror

I had the same thing happen to a site I did at one time, except I was
on the other end ... the domain and account had been cancelled for a
year ... one day I got the following email:

>I am the webmaster of www.[___].org.  Why are you running our
>code / site at www.[___].com?  You have my interest but not
>our permission to steal our code.  So, before I take this any
>further, I thought I would give you an opportunity to reply.

Getting the DNS updated might be a tricky thing to do since the DNS
service seems to be a free service, and you get what you pay for ...
but good luck!
--

- Erik Mattheis

"For best results, pronounce muh THEIGH ess."

(612) 827 3963