[thelist] OT: KABOOOOOOM (explosions are cool)

Fri May 25 11:42:50 CDT 2001

being friday, I felt we needed more explosions... explosions are cool

If you're new to web development, try do to as much as possible in a text
      editor.  I started out this way and it has helped me greatly.  If I had
      started with WYSIWYG and not learned how to code by hand, I wouldn't have
      landed a job working with JSPs and Servlets.  I wasn't writing the JSPs or
      Servlets, but I worked on a team where I incorporated a look and feel into
      the dynamic pages.  WYSIWYG won't do that so well... and now it opened up
      the world of ERP connectivity for me.  BTW, I landed that first real job
      by putting Notepad on my resume.  Sounds crazy, but the Java programmer in
      house picked up on it and they hired me.