[thelist] Re: [offlist] OT: KABOOOOOOM (explosions are cool)

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Fri May 25 14:21:14 CDT 2001

I too, will pay for my sin (posting without at tip)

<tip>
If you've gone in and tweaked your IIS4 config, when you upgrade to
win2k/IIS5, it will notice and *retain* those settings. If you're not
confident whether or not IIS5 default settings are better (I'd say they are,
80% of the time; MS went and pre-tweaked IIS5), you can delete the metabase
(\winnt\system32\inetsrv\metabase.bin), or do a fresh install (not an
upgrade)
</tip>

sgd