[thelist] PHP, querystring question, figured it out

Sean Preston razorwise at yahoo.com
Fri May 25 14:50:25 CDT 2001

Figured it out.  I needed ticks around my variable string.  I didn't know that. I don't know if
I'm the only one that doesn't.   I'm learning the parser is a harsh mistress.  *L*  This should be
a tip.

Everyone have a safe Memorial day!  And keep your code tight, the police might have roadblocks set
up!  *g*

Later,

Sean

<tip>
In PHP, be sure to put ticks around your variables when passing them in a query.

$example = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM cars2 where vin= '$vin' " ,$db);
</tip>