[thelist] Re: HomeSite Tip (was PHP, querystring question, figured it out)

Sean Preston razorwise at yahoo.com
Fri May 25 16:22:22 CDT 2001

Thanks, Anthony!!!

That's why the friggin' webmonkey tutorial didn't work for me.  I used text.  As usual, it's
operator error.  Grrr...Okay...I'm gonna donate a tip I found while going through the morass of
stuff....tastes great.  less filling.

<tip type=HomeSite author=Sean Preston>
With Homesite you can map directories to URLs.  While in Homesite, select Options, Settings.
Select the Browse tab. At the bottom of the dialog there is a section for server mappings. Select
'Add'. Type or browse to the path where your web files are (this is the same as the path in the
Alias directive). Then enter the URL path for that mapping ('http://localhost/mysite/'). Now hit
OK and OK again. Now when you click browse or launch external browsers from Homesite it will map
it through Apache.
</tip>