[thelist] Browser innerWidth for IE4/5/6?

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Fri May 25 17:28:32 CDT 2001

> > IE needs document.body.clientWidth.
>
>In the spirit of "Give a man a fish, feed him for a
>day, teach a man to fish and he'll never show up for
>work," how did you know it was clientWidth? Where
>should I have looked?

I knew because I once took the time to find this out once and for all.
Published it at http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/index.html?winprop.html

And where did I learn it was clientWidth? Can't remember, too long ago.
Maybe it was webreference.

> >Your current browser detect is incorrect, it leaves
> >out Netscape 6 and the minor browsers.
>
>heh, it's Dan Steinman's detect and is probably a few
>years out of date. No mention of IE5 in the tutorial.
>The copyright is 1998, so I don't think he's updating
>it. But it's still great for the basics.

Yep, Dan Steinman is out of date now, but quite handy sometimes.

ppk