[thelist] Re: [offlist] OT: KABOOOOOOM (explosions are cool)

Ben Henick persist1 at io.com
Sat May 26 03:31:51 CDT 2001

On Fri, 25 May 2001, rudy wrote:

> (assuming you aren't a drag-and-drop afficionado), put a shortcut to your
> editor(s) in the Send To folder, then right-click the file in windows
> explorer...

I am a drag-and-drop afficionado, however.

> works great on other file types, too -- for example, if i just want to
> quickly grab the dimensions of an image while writing my img tag, i'll
> often just send the image to netscape 3 and read the dimensions off the
> title bar...

This is admittedly a feature that I wish was supported by IE.

Since I've already got Windows Explorer open, I drag the image into
IrfanView to accomplish the same result.

'Course, I hate mucking with file types in general.

In regard to the original thread - the goal to keep in mind should be
FUNDAMENTALS.

It's eight in the morning.  Do you know what your code is doing?

The rest is all gravy.

--
Ben Henick
Web Author At-Large              Managing Editor
persist1 at io.com                  bmh at digital-web.com
--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain, but... (snort) no, no, it's too stupid."