[thelist] another outfit that just doesn't get it...

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue May 29 09:04:53 CDT 2001

got some interesting spam this morning...

>  Dear: Limeback, Rudy
>  If you are Canadian, you should register your
>  canadian internet domain name as soon as possible.
>  By securing your own .CA domain name, Internet users
>  from around the world will be able to recognize that
>  you are Canadian.

i wish

obviously, they got my name from the whois database (i have a dot-com
domain), but they didn't bother to cross-match it against the canadian
registry, because i also have a dot-ca domain

this isn't the first time i've received spam of this nature, and i always
reply and point out to them how dumb they look

plus -- get this -- they invite you to visit their web site
http://www.RegisterInCanada.net

so naturally, i pointed out in my reply to them that they look especially
dumb not having a dot-ca name themselves

not only that, but do a search right on their site, and guess what --

     "Congratulations, registerincanada.ca is available!"

please, folks, do not judge all canadians by the stupidity of a few...

rudy
http://rudy.ca/

p.s. their site looks nice, though, all tasteful red, although it comes
across way too dark, like blood, not like the bright, optimistic, happy red
of the canadian flag... but the peekaboo rollovers on the tab navigation
bar sure are cute!