[thelist] close window js

Jonathan Chard jonathan at familygenetix.com
Fri Jun 1 10:33:51 CDT 2001

>Using the javascript/void technique has a tendency to convert the mouse
icon
>to an hourglass without ever changing it back.  Not all combinations of
>browser/os have this problem, but I do see it on my NT/ie combination from
>time to time.

Aha! I'm glad someone mentioned this, because I've seen it on occasion too,
but didn't know why. I found an investigation into this at:

http://web-wise-wizard.com/javascript-tutorials/browser-phantom-busy-cursor.
html

.. that seems to suggest that using javascript:void(0) is actually a way of
avoiding it, but.. well, I'm not convinced (probably unfairly, I'm just
biased because I think their site is horrid).

I thought I'd throw this in to see if anyone else out there has had any
experience with this problem, and knows a definitive answer on why it
happens and how to fix it.

Jon Chard.