[thelist] Re: COLDFUSION folder upload

jon steele jjsteele22 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 2 11:24:57 CDT 2001

Hi,

>From: "Joshua OIson" <joshua at alphashop.net>
>Somebody had suggested that you have the client ZIP the files, then
>unZIP them on the server once the upload is done.  Check for any
>number of CFX_ZIP type tags on allaire.com

Somebody also mentioned that CFX_ZIP was not safe to use because it
tried to zip c:\*.* ... I can't have this app failing beacuse the
client it's for needs it to work without any web personnel.

How bout this (I'm just running this by you guys in case one of you
knows it won't work, I'll try it myself when I get a chance though):

The user types the name of the folder, then on the query page, I get
all the contents of the folder (using CFDIRECTORY, right?), then output
X number of <input type=file> fields with preset values (not using
JavaScript, using CF) then just have the user submit the form. Would
this work or would it still be a breach of the security measures that
stop you from prefilling form fields?

Thanks for any feedback,
Jon.