[thelist] HELP!!! NTLDR is missing.... SYS CRASH

Sean Preston razorwise at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 2 12:13:33 CDT 2001

I'm on an auxillary system.  I was running a win98 se box with 256 megs ram, 1.3 ghz tbird, and it
locked up on me.  I rebooted and it gave me NTLDR is missing error.

What can I do?  Why did this happen?

Microsoft board said this...

To resolve this behavior, correct the invalid Heads (sides) value in the FAT32 BPB to allow the
Windows 2000 boot process to continue. The easiest way to update the field is to rewrite the
Windows 95 or Windows 98 boot code by using the following procedure:

Restart the computer with a Windows 95 or Windows 98 Startup disk that contains the Sys.com file
(this file is included by default).

At a command prompt, type sys c:. This command rewrites the Windows 95 or Windows 98 boot code
with accurate BPB information.

I know this offtopic and will repay with tips once I recover.

Many thanks,

Sean Preston