[thelist] RE: Automating PhotoShop vs AfterEffects

Lee Stewart LeeStewart at bigfoot.com
Sat Jun 2 17:49:02 CDT 2001

> What happens when you import the folders into AE? starting with Version
> 4 you can import a folder of images as a sequence (works for me with
> illustrator files).

I can export a film clip to images, manipulate them, then import them as a
new clip.  That works fine - I'm trying to make the manipulation phase
simpler.  Right now I'm loading each frame into PhotoShop and applying some
filters.

The values for some of the filter options are different for every frame,
which makes it hard to automate.

I just got After Effects, which I thought would help me out.  I'm exploring
the Expressions, which allows JavaScript code to manipulate the filters on a
per-frame basis...

Lee Stewart               StripedCow Technology Group, Inc.
http://www.stripedcow.com          advanced web development