[thelist] JS: Un-caching a window's HTTP authentication

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Sun Jun 3 12:41:44 CDT 2001

At 01:46 AM 6/3/2001, you wrote:
>Hi.
>
>Haven't been seen around these parts a little while. But I'm always back
>when I need something. :)
>
>I'm wondering if anyone knows how to use JS (or any other trick) to get IE
>to ditch the HTTP authentication details it is using (username, password),
>and pop up a new login box. Effectively a "logout" button/link.

The best solution is hackish.  You need to direct the user to another
"realm" where their username/passowrd will not work. This will force
IE/Netscape to fail in authorizing. The problem is that it pops a new Login
Box.

There is no clean solution unfortunately.
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys