[thelist] White Line in IE

Comharsa comharsa at clara.net
Sun Jun 3 14:37:46 CDT 2001

At 08:30 PM 3/6/01, Beau Hartshorne found time to write:
>I designed this site (http://www.posterngateinn.com/) a while ago on my
>Mac. I've recently upgraded to a PC, and I noticed that when I first load
>the page there's a white line between the two sliced images. This line
>disappears, however, as soon as I resize or scroll the page. Is this my
>fault, or is it IE's fault? I've only seen this behavior in IE 5 for the
>PC. FWIW, I'm running Win2k SP2 with IE 5.50.

This is a known problem with IE5.5. MS say that it occurs with Win98, NT4
and Win2K, though I have only heard of it happening with Win2K. Their
workaround is to use gifs instead of jpgs. For more info go to the MS
Knowledge Base and look at article Q277571 -
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q277/5/71.ASP.

Brian
comharsa at clara.net