[thelist] IE click border...

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Sun Jun 3 15:38:33 CDT 2001

erika,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Erika L. Walker
:
: ** publicly chastised ** Why, yes, sir. I will.
: And while not an excuse, it was hardly as long
: as some other replies I have seen coming through
: this list.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i happened to be replying and it was on my mind -- sorry.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: <snip>Jeff: does it matter?  i know that's kind
: of a snarky question -- but i'm asking it with
: sincerity.</snip>
:
: Yes, it mattered to me why you would say something
: like that, especially with such vengeance (ie. "keep
: you mitts off") which is why, after many months of
: lurking on this list, I was intriqued enough to post
: and ask a question.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this particular "trick" seems to be the subject of debate as of late.  i
guess i have such an passionate opinion about it because i actually keyboard
once in a while and find it very annoying when i encounter a site that's
effectively disabled it for no other reason than vanity and the
developer/designer needing to exude control over my user experience.

thanks,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden
game://web.development