[thelist] IE click border...

Matt Patterson ltu97mp at reading.ac.uk
Sun Jun 3 16:50:08 CDT 2001

On 3/6/01 at 4:06 pm, elwalker at ruwebby.com (Erika L. Walker) wrote:

> Just out of curiosity,....what is the "very valid purpose"?

I'm not sure I'd go quite as far as Jeff... but if you're going to switch the outline off then you *must* provide *equivalent* functionality or people who are tabbing through links - people with disabilities who need to tab through, for example - have no way of knowing where they are.

Disenfranchising people because you don't like IE's link outline is crass. You can change the behaviour of what happens with the :focus psuedoclass in CSS2. Provide alternative and *equivalent* functionality!! This is critical for accessible web sites.

Matt

Matt Patterson:
   Student
   Reading University
   Department of Typography & Graphic Communication

   ltu97mp at reading.ac.uk

   http://www.rdg.ac.uk/~ltu97mp/

   'It was a different tiddely pom,' said Pooh, feeling rather muddled now.