[thelist] Saving the good stuff!!!

Luca Balboni lucabalboni at mac.com
Sun Jun 3 19:23:50 CDT 2001

Hi Sandy,
My solution to your problem is different. My inbox folder was also getting
too large so I decided to archive everything in Filemaker. Usually I delete
all the messages I am not interested of inside the mail application, so in
my Evoke folder I have only messages I want to keep, then using a little
shareware applications I archive automatically the Evoke folder inside my
database. Then, inside filemaker, I have another field which I fill in with
the topic (such as Flash, html, Perl, Cold Fusion, etc). This way you can
build a database which you can search anytime you need to find information
on any topic.

But this is just how I have solved this problem. I am sure in the list there
are others with better solutions! ;-)

Cheers,
Luca