[thelist] SQL Server and Cold Fusion (fwd)

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Mon Jun 4 10:39:45 CDT 2001

josh,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Josh Spiegel
:
: Thank you for your help.  I might restart the
: thread tomorrow if I can't get it to work.  Our
: problem is not the traffic.  We have a client
: that wants us to develop something for them and
: they want sql server.  I want it to be in cold
: fusion.  Our server has cold fusion theirs doesn't.
: Their server has sql server and ours doesn't so I
: thought that we could still "host" their page on
: our server with out paying for sql server.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

using separate boxes is really only an advantage when they're on the same
network.  trying to connect to the sql server over the open net is not going
to give you acceptable results -- if you can even get it to work.  you're
likely to run into access issues with your server and their server both
being behind firewalls, along with a host of other connection-related
problems.

good luck,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden