[thelist] SQL Server and Cold Fusion (fwd)

martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com
Mon Jun 4 11:10:49 CDT 2001

Memo from Martin P Burns of PricewaterhouseCoopers

-------------------- Start of message text --------------------

Yeah, you don't want to be doing that on a live query basis.

You *could* have 2 loosely coupled (using something like WDDX
or other XML schema) boxes, so updates are pulled from and pushed
to the sql server box by your CF/MySQL box on a batch basis.

It's used a lot for content syndication, and also for user data
(moving from production environment to offline data warehouse).

Cheers
Martin

Please respond to thelist at lists.evolt.org

Sent by:  thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org