[thelist] Attachments and mail through PHP

Beau Hartshorne beau at uvic.ca
Mon Jun 4 11:28:23 CDT 2001

It is possible to send attachments with php. To solve a very similar
problem, I created an online form in a hidden area where people could fill
out the survey. Once they filled out the form and clicked submit, I had php
send an attached tab delimitated text file to the person who was compiling
the survey data. I forget exactly how it worked, but excel imported the tab
delimitated files into rows effortlessly.

Here's a script you could use to send attachments:

http://www.phpwizard.net/resources/phpMisc/scripts/pretty/mail.php3

There is lots and lots of archived discussion about this here (php-general
mailing list):

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&w=2&r=1&s=send+attachment&q=b

Cheers,

Beau