[thelist] Site redirect check : old browser

deke web at master.gen.in.us
Mon Jun 4 23:23:03 CDT 2001

On 5 Jun 2001, at 11:33, Mark Cheng posted a message which said:

> Can someone with an old browser hit this link for me?  I'm trying to check
> whether a redirect works.
> http://svc027.bne246d.server-web.com
> this should bounce anything that doesn't support document.getElementById.

You're bouncing both the WebTV version of MSIE/4 and the Espial
Escape/4 browser.

Since these are both embedded systems, these users cannot
upgrade as your bounce page tells them to.  In the interest of
totally annoying the hell out of these users, why not include a
sound file on that page that cackles with glee?

deke