[thelist] Site redirect check : old browser

Mark Cheng mark.cheng at ranger.com.au
Tue Jun 5 00:09:05 CDT 2001

Aardvark,

Oops - I've commented out the comment.  Would you please be kind enough to
try it again?  Did you manually navigate to the nobrows page or did the site
jump you there?

>>>NN3.02/win98/33.6
>>>
>>>JS error, line 6, syntax error:
>>>(you need //-->, you forgot to comment the comment)

thanks - fixed that.

>>>JS error, lin 23:
>>>init is not defined

damn - you aren't supposed to get this far.

>>>- there is no link to proceed anyway...

there is on the non complying browser page.

>>>- "These standards are designed to ensure that the web surfing
>>>experience is consistent across all browsers, and computer
>>>types."  well, then why won't it work in NN3?

NN3 is not standards compliant.

>>>- "Your browser is not w3C compliant, and therefore will not display
>>>our page correctly."  you do understand that the user doesn't give a
>>>moose's nut about the W3C, assuming the user's even heard of it...
>>>and this text could be refined to sound a bit less haughty... in fact,
>>>all the copy needs to be cleaned up to not offend the user...

Thanks for the comment.  I agree - we need to clean up the wording a bit so
we don't offend the user with the wording.
However, we give a moose's nut about compliance with standards so if the
user gets offended by our compliance - tough.

This email may be confidential and contain commercially sensitive information.  Only the intended recipient may access or use it.  If you are not the intended recipient please delete this email and notify us promptly.
We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or similar in this email or any attachment.