[thelist] Site redirect check : old browser

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Tue Jun 5 09:53:53 CDT 2001

Mark Cheng wrote:

> Can someone with an old browser hit this link for me?  I'm trying to check
> whether a redirect works.
>
> http://svc027.bne246d.server-web.com
>
> this should bounce anything that doesn't support document.getElementById.

You got much bigger issues than your redirect not working. IE5 for Mac
(probably the standard-est browser on the Mac right now) explodes your
ambitious design:

http://artlung.com/temp/svc027-screenshot-ie5-mac.gif

You might want to validate your styles as well as your html:
<watch-for-url-wrap>
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fsvc027.bne246d
.server-web.com%2F&warning=1&profile=css2
</watch-for-url-wrap>

Good luck,
    Joe <http://www.artlung.com/>
Joe Crawford ||||||||||||||       mailto:jcrawford at avencom.com