[thelist] Thumbnails

Tamara Abbey Abbey at abbeyink.com
Tue Jun 5 11:45:20 CDT 2001

At 11:23 AM 6/5/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Is there an  image editor than can resize a number of photographs to
>thumbnails in one operation?  Scenario: I have 100 photographs that I want
>to show as thumbnails with a width of, say, 150 pixels or maybe at 10% of
>original. Can I do that as a batch?

I tried ThumbsPlus once (http://www.cerious.com/), but I didn't have the
time to really learn it. It seemed to do what you're asking and one of
these days, I'll try again. It's got a 30 day trial (looks like it must
count the actual days you open and use the program cuz mine's still at 30
days and I only tried it that one day).

It's USD$75 and since I don't have PhotoShop, I might end up buying this thing.

If you use ULead's PhotoImpact (another nice, little web graphics program
IMO), they have an add-on for making thumbnails, but, again, I really
didn't have the time to learn it and what little I did see didn't look very
user-friendly for the price.

One of these days I'll have nothing but time . . .

FWIW,
<tamara />