[thelist] Opera & Forms

Julia Frizzell Julia_Frizzell at brown.edu
Tue Jun 5 13:51:21 CDT 2001

I have a feedback form on my website, and it works just fine. Save for Opera.

This is what one of my friends said when he uses Opera to submit the form:

At 8:25 PM -0400 6/3/01, Michael Curry wrote:
>    When I attempted to fill out the web feedback form using
>Opera (5.10), I hit the submit button and get sent to
>http://www.theblackroad.org/cgi-bin/BFormMail.pl where
>I just see: FormMail Copyright 1995 - 1997 Matt Wright
>Version 1.6 - Released May 02, 1997.  In other words,
>it isn't processing the form.

The form is located here:

http://www.theblackroad.org/attendee.html

The same user reported a problem with the browser with my
registration form as well, again using Opera.

I've had no other problems with people submitting the form. I'm using
IE and Netscape, and I'm downloading Opera now to see if Opera for
the Mac has the same problem.

Can anyone help with this? It's not a major issue, I don't imagine
that many of my con-goers use Opera, save this one, but it'd be
helpful if I could figure out if it was something I could fix.

Thanks!

--
Julia Frizzell
julia_frizzell at brown.edu