[thelist] [fwd] The Dreaded HTML E-Mail

Valerie Walker vw at raresponse.com
Tue Jun 5 14:53:18 CDT 2001

This message was held by thelist software and
is being manually forwarded by a list admin.
Please remember to send emails in plain-text
format only, or they will not reach thelist
until it is later forwarded by a list admin.

Hi, listers--

I realize that all right-thinking folk despise HTML emails; however, I
have
been assigned to build a series of them. So far, what I've been doing is
writing the code and putting the illustrations together, then uploading
the
page to our corporate website for viewing by the client. I can't send them
out as HTML emails because anything I send out  from my Mac via Outlook
Express gets turned into plaintext. So we have been sending the pages to a
very nice coder in Hawaii who can put them out via Unix.

Now the ante has been upped-- I am now required to send the html emails
out
myself for approval. From the Mac. To their PCs. Using Outlook Express.
Is there any way I can do this? Or do I have to learn Unix and get another
computer in order to do it?

What kinds of resources are available on the Web to learn this kind of
thing? I have been doing daily searches, and have not found a whole lot
that
is of use. I'm a graphics person, not a programmer.... Please, help....

<tip>
For women having problems with PMS or menopausal symptoms:

At the first sign of ovulation (nightmares, irrationality, etc.), start
taking the following:
€ 25 mg vitamin B-6 (one in the morning, one in the evening. It washes out
of the system in eight hours.)
€ 1000 mg Dong Quai (morning and evening)

All month around, take:
€ 1000 mg Evening Primrose Oil (morning and evening)
€ 400 mg vitamin E (at evening meal)

This stuff really works, and avoids messing with your hormones.</tip>

[sorry, not a computer tip, but it may save your marriage.]

valerie walker
--
Here I am, brain the size of a planet...
I've got a pain in all the diodes down my left side...