[thelist] RE: keywords and optimization

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Tue Jun 5 19:39:54 CDT 2001

> unfortunately, a number of the more popular spiders are already wise to
> these "tricks" and treat these sorts of urls as dynamically driven pages.
> usually what they're looking for is anything in the url after a
> dot.  in the
> examples above, they see the ".php" and rightfully assume that everything
> after that is a query string of sorts.

I can't speak for all other engines, but Google has recently indexed 3 of my
sites which use the format:

http://www.triplezero.com.au/index.cfm/portfolio/display/8/

Took a while to come through (the crawling) so it had me worried for a
while...

As far as I can tell, Altavista are not indexing this form of URLs.

isaac

0414 758 000 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au