[thelist] please review

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Wed Jun 6 09:49:30 CDT 2001

Hey Mike -

Mike Parsons wrote:

> please give feedback on http://www.mikeparsons.net/ver/
> Netscape 4 users please respond (ALT tags)

Overall, looks pretty good. *but* i think you should rethink the way
you're using the image at the top for navigation your use of ALT tags..

In particular, you should just use straight text for the top navigation
instead of an image map. there isn't anything super tricky you're doing
there to present the navigation, and it may be best to keep it simple
with text. That way, you won't have to worry about using ALT tags
because the text will show up with images on or off.

Also, you shouldn't be putting lengthy descriptions for an image in an
ALT tag. I know its common practice, but its not really what ALT tags
were intended for.. If you want a good level of descriptiveness around
links and images, check out the title attribute. :)

> Secondly, can someone advise on the code for the forms?

Which forms?

.djc.