[thelist] Font size problems with CSS & NN 4.73(win)

Bret Daniel BDaniel at Chemnavigator.com
Wed Jun 6 10:42:26 CDT 2001

Hi,

I get a little better results with using FONT-SIZE 10px rather than 10pt

However if you think this is difficult...  Its a real pain on an SGI or SUN
when you have to view the source to find out what the page is saying :O

good luck

-Bret Daniel
www.chemnavigator.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Shaun M. Anderson [mailto:ShaunAnderson at smarttech.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 8:04 AM
To: 'thelist at lists.evolt.org'
Subject: [thelist] Font size problems with CSS & NN 4.73(win)

Nothing but problems this week... :-(

I'm using CSS on a major project for the first time, and I'm having some
issues with NN 4.7X

My CSS as included on every page is:

[style]
  [!--
  Body, table, tr, td 	{
	FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial', 'Helvetica', sans-serif;
	FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
}
  --]
[/style]

Now the problem is that when I want to make something size one font, it
works everywhere except NN 4.7X.  I was trying to do it like this:

after that didn't work, I tried other sizes, but nothing happened.  All I
get is size 2 font.

Shouldn't I be able to do this?

I managed to fix it by adding a style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt;" to each font tag,
But I'd rather not need to do that for every other font size that I want.

There are other people working on this project, and making everybody stay
consistant just isn't going to happen.

Thanks,
Shaun

<tip>
If you absolutly must create straight text as a graphic, make sure that you
trim them perfectly.  Overall it will save you a bunch of disk space.

Most graphics programs will let you "Trim" the images exactly.
</tip>