[thelist] Site redirect check : old browser

Mark Cheng mark.cheng at ranger.com.au
Thu Jun 7 01:04:37 CDT 2001

Aardvark,

well, its some sort of research.  As a rough guide to what people are
generally using its ok ?  If its not useful for general trends why do people
still collect and display it?

Good point about polling our users - we'll do that now (there are 600 of
them).

>hell, i'd put those links right on your 'bugger off' page, and make
>them as plain vanilla HTML as possible, with the purpose of
>printability.... but that's just me...

Excellent idea - I'll do that.

>but you'll never know without polling... you'll be satisfied when your
>numbers stay the same... and without vocal users, you'll assume
>that if the phone ain't ringing and site ain't down, that the
>clients/users are happy...

Believe me when I say shareholders and stockbrokers are not backward about
coming forward.
We'll know if they aren't happy.

>RSS allows you to provide XML feeds of your content so that other
>sites can ostensibly post little headline blurbs on their site showing
>the content on your site... they never need to change it, and you
>never need to change it... it's driven from the content source...

sounds cool - is there normally payments to post those headlines?

This email may be confidential and contain commercially sensitive information.  Only the intended recipient may access or use it.  If you are not the intended recipient please delete this email and notify us promptly.
We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or similar in this email or any attachment.