[thelist] How to record/ edit music to play on web

Ornstein, Ian IanOrnstein at NC.SLR.com
Thu Jun 7 15:40:00 CDT 2001

A friend has been authoring a text book. I suggested we could put it on our
organization's web site but he said he wanted
to add some very short singing to the pages.

I have never, yet, experimented with any computer audio.

What is the prefered format ( .wav , ???)?
What tools are available (for home hobbiest not professional )
to convert/edit music from a cassette tape to a .wav file?

I thought I might also burn a few CD's with this book
in web format and include an auto run.

Suggestions please.

- IanO -