[thelist] Dynamically Generated External CSS file (fwd)

Eric Engelmann eric at geonetric.com
Thu Jun 7 17:55:47 CDT 2001

<snip>But you could do it with basic server side stuff.</snip>

--> Good point. But the externally linked dynamic file has the advantage of
being able to run in *any* file (htm,asp,cf), on any server, without any
sort of server side parsing. I'm sort of a stickler for pure static HTML
where possible. :-)

As for your querystring concept (which is quite ingenious I must say), you
should be able to get the Referrer URL (Not sure that the external css file
could detect the referrer and query string, but I assume it would) or by
reading the cookie and do the dynamic style change via the external file
method, too.

- E