[thelist] Dynamically Generated External CSS file (fwd)

James Aylard webmaster at equilon-mrc.com
Thu Jun 7 17:57:47 CDT 2001

Martin,

> print '<link rel="STYLESHEET" type="text/css"
> href="http://domain.org/styles/'
> print $css
> print ' -->.css">'
>
> so only the appropriate link goes to the client.

    Of course, this requires that you develop and maintain (at least) two
style sheets, one for each browser, which creates some content-management
issues. Whether this is preferable to develop a single dynamic style sheet
(which will likely be more complex, harder to decipher) is debatable --
largely a matter of preference, I would say. But yours is a very valid
approach (and probably more widely used).

James Aylard