[thelist] CF/SQL syntax error

Robin Hastings robin at rhastings.net
Fri Jun 8 08:29:47 CDT 2001

>My best guess is that they are using a column name of "date".  Try changing the
>column name  to something like "theDate".
>
>Or, if the "date" field is set to a type of "date_time" and you're trying to set
>it to a string (such as '6/7/2001') could be generating the error (including the
>single quotes).
>
>Hope one of those helps.
>
>Scott
___
>if that's not the problem, then maybe the syntax error is the "date"
>column -- see below
>Rudy
___
The date column was exactly the problem - I decided to make an executive decision and
change the name of the field. The database owner probably won't even notice! Thanks for
all of the help and the good advice y'all gave!!

Robin Hastings
Public Computer Center Coordinator
hastingsr at mrrl.org
(573) 634-6064 x242