[thelist] Text browsing (was: infinite redirect thread)

Mark Cheng mark.cheng at ranger.com.au
Mon Jun 11 00:36:38 CDT 2001

:) You can see the conversation can't you?

" So are you sure you want to design solely for  flash with IE6 on Windows
in 1024??  Many users won't like it, some won't have it, you could be in
trouble from an accessibility viewpoint, oh and search engines won't index
it."

client : "can i have pretty pictures and those really cool zooming effects
without it?" (also known as "the competitors have it therefore we must have
it or else customers will think we are inferior").  "don't worry about
search engines - we'll just buy placement."

"Your site will be much quicker if you didn't have all this frippery -
that's important isn't it?"

client: " I like the spinning 911 logo - especially with the changing
background fade in and the bugle for the cavalry charge"

Mark

This email may be confidential and contain commercially sensitive information.  Only the intended recipient may access or use it.  If you are not the intended recipient please delete this email and notify us promptly.
We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or similar in this email or any attachment.