[thelist] Check browser settings with ASP?

J. Blanchard jay.blanchard at thermon.com
Mon Jun 11 10:23:56 CDT 2001

Morning all!

We were discussing a plan here where we could determine the browser settings (640x480, 800x600, etc.), then deliver all of the graphics according to the size of the viewer's browser window allowing a consistent look, proportionally, in the most popular browser settings. Does anyone know of a method of doing this in ASP? I would like to be able to capture the variable at the beginning of the session and maintain that throughout.

If push comes to shove I could capture the browser settings via ECMAScript and pass the variable information to ASP, but I would rather stick with an ASP solution if possible.

TIA,

Jay Blanchard
Web Engineer
Thermon Industries, Inc.