[thelist] Refreshing a part of a page

J. Blanchard jay.blanchard at thermon.com
Tue Jun 12 10:01:34 CDT 2001

I know that I will get flamed for this, but in the olden days we used a small frame which was reloaded with a meta refresh tag. This is still an *gasp* option...although [disclaimer] I do not recommend the use of frames anymore. However, I do still see it as appropriate in the proper circumstance.

You could also use *can be just as annoying* a small pop-up window that is refreshed the same way.

Either of these requires very little to no special scripting and will work over slow connections where Flash, Shockwave, or Java may be a problem.

Happy coding!

Jay Blanchard
Web Engineer
Thermon Industries, Inc.