[thelist] Font size problems with CSS & NN 4.73(win)

noah noah at tookish.net
Wed Jun 13 01:37:18 CDT 2001

At 12:39 AM 13/06/2001 -0400, aardvark wrote:
> > From: "Darren Neimke" <darrenn at qldstate.com.au>
> >
> >  > Never use pt, always use px. px gives the most reliable
> > cross-browser
> >  > cross-OS result. See
> >
> >  > http://www.alistapart.com/stories/fear4/
> >
> > I thought that using 'em' gave the most consistent results.
>
>nup, sorry...

The advantage of using em, though, as I understand it, is that control over
the font size remains in the hands of the user. For example, if you set a
font at 15px, it will show up at 15px for everyone, regardless of the font
size settings in their browser. If you use em you won't get the same
consistency, but people will be able to change the text size via the
browser, which seems to be a pretty significant accessibility issue.

Cheers,
Noah