[thelist] Font size problems with CSS & NN 4.73(win)

Darren Neimke darrenn at qldstate.com.au
Wed Jun 13 02:02:19 CDT 2001

Thanks Guys,

	> If you use em you won't get the same
	> consistency, but people will be able to change the text size
via the
	> browser, which seems to be a pretty significant accessibility
issue.

Yep, yep, nod, nod.

I think that it was the useability thingy that I was remembering.  For
example, if you were to code a page thus...

<SPAN STYLE="font-size: '1em'">
This is some text that is marked in EM's This is some text that is
marked in EM's</SPAN>

<P><!--Whitespace--></P>

<SPAN STYLE="font-size: '12px'">
This is some text that is marked in PT's This is some text that is
marked in PT's</SPAN>

...And a visually impaired user (or anyone for that matter) chose to
view pages with TEXT-SIZE set to largest, then they may find themselves
squinting at your 2nd paragraph.

Although I can now understand that if you are required to have full
control of your page real estate then you may choose to go with 'px' for
that reason.

Cheers,

Darren Neimke
Programmer
Queensland State Home Loans
Ph: 3017 8811

***** Disclaimer *****
This e-mail (which includes any attachment) is only for the use of the
intended recipient/s and is confidential and/or privileged. The sender
disclaims liability for any errors, omissions, viruses, loss and/or
damages arising from using, opening or transmitting this e-mail. If you
are not the/an intended recipient, you must not retain, distribute or
copy this e-mail and should notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail.