[thelist] client needs search engine help...

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Thu Jun 14 05:42:59 CDT 2001

>  > From: "aardvark" <roselli at earthlink.net>
>ahhh... my mail server crapped out and dumped a bunch of
>messages... just got 'em now...  as such, i didn't see the start of
>the thread... whoops...

Where's that spanking stick now?

<tip type="backups">
Most backup systems allow you to perform a full or an incremental
backup. It's best if you can setup an incremental backup to happen
once or twice a day, perhaps more often if you value your data
sufficiently. Complement your incremental backups with frequent full
backups, preferably automated, networked backups. Retrospect
Workgroup does this quite nicely for mac/wintel boxes. *nix systems
usually have built in apps like for example: ufsdump (Solaris).
Andrew Forsberg
the pander - http://thepander.co.nz/
uberNET - http://uber.net.nz/