[thelist] Win 2K Pro vs Server

Brian King BKing at Impact-Technologies.com
Thu Jun 14 08:29:31 CDT 2001

I finally figured it out.  It was an MS F'up, (see MS Q238881).  There has
to be a file called Frontpg.ini in the WINNT dir.  I had the file but the
contents were not correct.  The contents need the following information.
I also had to load both the Client and server set of Frontpage server
extensions.  I didn't realize that there were two sets that needed to be
loaded when the server and the client were on the same machine.  Apparently
the systems views it as two separate  machines.
What a hassle.  Not bad though.  Only 8 hours wasted from install to a
working setup.

Brian W. King
Impact Technologies

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org]
On Behalf Of Jon Hall
Sent:	Thursday, June 14, 2001 1:25 AM
To:	thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject:	Re: [thelist] Win 2K Pro vs Server

I have no experience with Interdev, but Frontpage extensions are very flaky.
I find it necessary to remove Frontpage extensions from the web site in
IIS, then reset all of the permissions on the folder, then reinstall the
FP extensions. Sometimes, resetting the permissions after the FP
extensions are reinstalled as above helps if the above does not.
I dont know why this works and I dont care to know...hopefully FP dies
soon. I can dream cant I?

jon

Brian King wrote:

>I am still getting an error.  It is telling me that the Front Page server
>extensions are not loaded.  I go to the management console and look and I
>have them loaded.  I can check the extensions.  Interdev is creating the
>project folder and virtual directory on the server because  I see them
>there.  It just can't connect to them.
>I am going to go back to the old way of doing it if I can't resolve this
>soon.
>
>Brian W. King

Programs