[thelist] A pixel is not a pixel

noah noah at tookish.net
Thu Jun 14 11:23:00 CDT 2001

At 07:48 AM 14/06/2001 -0700, Joe Crawford wrote:

>+1 on "minimum-font-size" as something that's needed Arlen.

I don't see how this would get us anywhere. What units would we use to
specify the font size? You're never going to specify a minimum font size
that's bigger than your preferred font size, so if your preferred font size
is too small, your minimum font size will be way too small.

It seems that this would have no effect on the situation of different fonts
rendering at different sizes on different platforms. Am I missing something?

Cheers,

Noah