[thelist] webmonkey redesign

Jay Greenspan jay at trans-city.com
Thu Jun 14 14:27:08 CDT 2001

on 6/14/01 2:23 PM, Daniel J. Cody at djc at starkmedia.com wrote:

> this happened about a month ago i think.. not that i'm objective or
> anything but it doesn't work well in mozilla(rollovers? funky ad
> placement), the background *hurts* my eyes and gives me flashbacks. :)

Well, why not. What's keeping you from being objective. If you take a second
and think about it, is it really reasonable to expect a commercial site to
render in browsers that are still in development? It seems they're using CSS
correctly; if their code is valid, wouldn't your complaint be more
appropriate for the Mozilla development team?

> and oddly only the frontdoor is changed, the rest of the site is as it was..

Odd, maybe, but those who work on the Web may have an understanding of why
this type of partial re-design is necessary.

Hint: you don't have the resources for a full re-design and your ad sales
force is screaming for some more attractive ad space in an brutally
competitive environment.

-j