[thelist] not sure if this went through -- if so sorry for repost

Fortune Elkins fortune_elkins at summithq.com
Fri Jun 15 18:31:04 CDT 2001

not sure if this went through -- if so sorry for repost

hi!

the client wants me to popup a window. for this i'm using:

function popUp(theURL,winName,features) {
  window.open(theURL,winName,features);
  window.focus();
}

the link trigger is:
<a
href="javascript:popUp('mypage.htm','PopUpWindow','width=520,height=640')">l
ink</a>

mypage.htm has a statement:

<BODY onLoad="self.focus">

still, i can't consistently get focus on NT with IE5.5.

what have i done wrong with my script? i have to get this done in about 3
hours! <Sigh>

thanks,

fortune

Systems Inc.