[thelist] CurrentRow in CF AMENDED RESPONSE!!!!

Andy Osborne andyosborne at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 17 19:42:04 CDT 2001

Hello

Make a query to the database to obain number of records present eg. select
count(tablename.column_name) as Number_Rows

This will give you number of rows in selected column. Assign this to a
session variable. (create a CFAPPLICATION template)

Then query database again, extracting records required. Assign all the
records retrieved to a 2-D Session.array. This array containing the database
query can be passed between templates

eg recordset = NewArray(2)
<cfoutput query="Getdata">
recordset[i][1]="#first name#"
recordset[i][2]="#last name#"
recordset[i][3]="#imageref#"
<cfset i=i+1>
</cfoutput>
and so on..

Achieve this with CFOUTPUT, and an incrementing variable.

You can then decide how many records you want to display, and access the
array accordingly. eg. 16 records - display in groups of 5 -
numtodisplay=INT(numrecords/5) (gives you 3 groups) & remainder =
MOD(numrecords/5) for any remaining images.

Hope this helps

regards
Andy