[thelist] Fading text in with Flash

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 18 00:07:17 CDT 2001

> From: "Annie" <annie at twitch.ca>
>
> Hi :) Flash novice here
> I'm trying to create a few simple flash flicks to get the hang of it,
> and I've run into a little wall :) What Flash tool would I use to fade
> text in from blank to full color, and how? Thanks!! Annie

from memory, don't have Flash installed here... or maybe i do...
who knows... too lazy to hit the start button...

anyway, convert your text to a symbol, create a motion tween, and
use the properties dialog box to adjust the alpha transparency,
being sure to set it to 100 in the first frame, and 0 in the last
frame...