FrontPage Server Extensions - are they REALLY necessary? (was RE: [thelist] MS Visual Studio & IIS Woes)

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at magisnetworks.com
Tue Jun 19 16:54:47 CDT 2001

Mostly a matter of neatness, not wanting to deal with all the extra files
and folders. We have a very dynamic environment, and our intranet has been
moved four times in a year. Every move/copy/whatever takes just that much
longer or is just a bit messier 'cause of the extra layer to the file
structure.

Not a serious concern in the long run, but since we're not using either
InterDev or FP, as you mentioned, we'll just work the way we are. Good to
know that ID require's 'em though, in case someone moves that way in the
future.

joel at spinhead.com

(was RE: [thelist] MS Visual Studio & IIS Woes)

<snip>
I for one don't understand the aversion to them (on development servers).
</snip>