[thelist] domain typo squatting ruling

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at magisnetworks.com
Wed Jun 20 15:08:41 CDT 2001

Read a similar article recently (internesia has set in, though) involving
the 'similar domain name' thing and a large cash settlement. The basis
seemed to be clear intent to deceive as opposed to casual similarity.

Is this a good thing 'cause it protects someone, or a bad thing 'cause it's
unnecessary control? If there's no apparent intent to deceive, I think the
latter, and vice versa.

joel at spinhead.com