[thelist] JavaScript Menu Problems

Stephens, Ann anns at ci.concord.ca.us
Thu Jun 21 11:29:12 CDT 2001

I designed my page in Fireworks 4 using the Popup Menu feature and then
imported it into Dreamweaver 4. Fireworks scripts that I'm calling from
Dreamweaver templates. The scripts are fw_menu.js and load_menus.js (the
latter was originally in the template file, but I removed it to a separate
file) and can be found at http://www.ci.concord.ca.us/Templates/fw_menu.js
and http://www.ci.concord.ca.us/Templates/load_menus.js. These are causing
my pages (http://www.ci.concord.ca.us/) to load way too slow! I'm pretty
clueless on JavaScript (though I can manage to find lines in the file and
make changes, like the links for the menus). Can anyone give me suggestions
on getting the scripts to load more quickly? I've tried pages without the
scripts and they seem to load nicely and I can disable the active scripting
in IE and get these to load fairly quickly despite the number of graphics on
the page. I like this method of site navigation (and so does my boss, so...)
and would like to find a solution other than disabling this menu system.

Many thanks to all.

Ann
anns at ci.concord.ca.us