[thelist] Inexpensive E-Commerce

Norman Beresford n.beresford at anansi.co.uk
Fri Jun 22 03:09:57 CDT 2001

Hi Beau

I've been in a similar position to you (although using different
technologies).  The advice I received was keep nothing on a public server
that you don't have to.  So what happens in our system is that all of the
shoppers details, bar the CC information, is kept in an SQL Server db.  The
shopper can return to the site later to complete the shopping etc.  She goes
to a secure server to enter her CC details, which are then sent in an
encrypted email (using aspEncrypt - we're a M$ shop) to the fulfilment
house/shop keeper.  Who can then do what they like with them.

So my suggetion is go for 5a.

HTH

Norman